[Svrilist] [Fwd: Treating children who have inflicted as well as experienced violence--urgent request]

svri at mrc.ac.za svri at mrc.ac.za
Sat Jun 17 14:00:09 SAST 2006

Subject: Treating children who have inflicted as well as experienced
violence--urgent request From:    "Lisa fontes" <lfontes at rcn.com>
Date:    Fri, June 16, 2006 4:30 am
To:      transcultural-eunet-l at mdx.ac.uk
         svri at mrc.ac.za
         child-maltreatment-research-L at cornell.edu
         ispcan-list at list.ispcan.org
         ispcan-list2 at list.ispcan.org

Dear Colleagues.
I am looking for on-line resources & publications, suggestions of print
materials, and even good contacts and anecdotal information to share with
a colleague who works with children in Uganda who have escaped from their
abduction into the Lords Resistance Army, where many of them were forced
to commit atrocities, as well as suffering as victims themselves. She is
returning to Uganda in just a few days and I'd like to obtain and print
out as much as I can for her before she returns.

>From U.S. gangs to the Khmer Rouge to the paramilitary in El Salvador,
people have been forced to commit atrocities. Can anyone recommend
materials on this topic? Surely the healing processes must be somewhat
different than those for people who been victimized only.

Thanks for your assistance. Feel free to write me off-list at
LFontes at rcn.com if you prefer.
Thank you!
Lisa Fontes, Ph.D.