[Svrilist] SVRI Information Requests

Liz Dartnall svri at mrc.ac.za
Thu Jun 29 11:52:03 SAST 2006

Dear SVRI List Members

Please find to follow, two requests for information and assistance from
SVRI list members.

1.  Request for information on Sexually Transmitted Infections in
Internally Displaced People
2.  Request for information on how to support a rape survivor in Thailand

We do hope someone can assist..........

From:  Laura Thomsen" <mcxlt at nottingham.ac.uk
Date:  Wed, 28 Jun 2006 18:10:00 +0100

<>Dear SVRI

I am a MPH student at the University of Nottingham. With regard to my
dissertation work, I am looking for information on sexually Transmitted
infection (STI) in Internally displaced people (IDPs) what have been
done to improve the health of IDPs with STI?

Aims
To identify what has been done to assist IDPs with STI in Sudan in the
last 10 years.

Objective
.Discuss what the international committee has done to assist IDPs with STI.
.Explore the difficulties in international intervention in other
country's crisis.
.Discuss who will take the responsibility of IDPs when governments fail
to do so.

Do you have any information with regard to the above-mentioned topic? If
so, will you mind sharing them with me?

Thanking you in anticipation
<>
Yours sincerely,
Laura Thomsen
thomsenlaura at hotmail.com
University of Nottingham

2.  Request for information on how to support a rape survivor in Thailand

From:  Somporn KT, PhD, Mahidol University, Thailand, phstr at mahidol.ac.th
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 19:29:50 +0700 (ICT)

Dear list members,
      A woman 82 years old in Thailand was raped
yesterday by a man who was a stranger of her family.
What we should do to help the old ladies who is the
victime of sexual violence.

Regards,
Somporn KT, PhD.
Mahidol University, Thailand.