[Svrilist] empirical research in on sexual violence in Bosnia

svrilist at mrc.ac.za svrilist at mrc.ac.za
Thu May 18 18:28:08 SAST 2006

I would recommend looking into Rebecca Campbell's excellent work on the impact of researching rape on the researcher (Emotionally Involved: the Impact of Researching Rape) and secondary victimization of victims
instigated by care-providers and others.  Her innovative research employs an ecological model which situates the phenomenon of rape within multiple and concentric contexts of response.  Her work is highly informative--
theoretically and in practice--for the novice researcher as well as to those have made it part of their life's work.
Best wishes for pursuing your important work--seeking, speaking, documenting truth to power.
Heather Karjane