[Svrilist] SVRI Website Update

Sexual Violence Research Initiative svri at mrc.ac.za
Thu Jan 17 07:43:08 SAST 2008

SVRI Website Update: www.svri.org <http://www.svri.org/>

The Sexual Violence Research Initiative (SVRI) is delighted to announce
the launch of our redesigned website www.svri.org <http://www.svri.org/>
.  The SVRI website continues to provide you with information and tools
to support your research work on sexual violence but we have revised the
SVRI site to make it easier to navigate so that you are able to find the
information you need faster.

More specific details of the redesign include:

Look and Feel:  we have moved the navigation bars to the left of the
screen to free up more space for content. We have also changed to a
gentler colour scheme.

Content:  we have opened up some of the key content areas of the site so
that you can visualize the site's depth of content in one glance.  We
have also significantly restructured our country pages so that country
specific information can be more swiftly and easily accessed.  Please
assist us in keeping these pages up to date by forwarding us links to
relevant resources and articles.

SVRI Discussion Forum:  an online discussion forum also forms part of
the new site.  The Forum provides you with a platform to interact online
with other members of the SVRI who have registered with the Forum.  To
post a thread, ask a question, and or share resources you first need to
register.  To register go to:  http://www.svri.org/forums/

Click to accept the Forum's Terms and Conditions (once you have read and
agree to them) and then complete the short form to create your user-name
and password.  Once you are logged on click on 'SVRI Discussions" to
view, create and / or comment on threads.

We will continue to provide you with bi-weekly Updates via the SVRI
List-serve to ensure that those of you with limited internet access are
kept up to date with resources, publications, events and news articles
related to sexual violence.

We trust that these new changes to the site will enable you to better
access the wealth of information available on the SVRI website and to
further assist you in your research activities.

Please email us at svri at mrc.ac.za if you have any queries and/or
comments on the new site.

For more information visit:  www.svri.org <http://www.svri.org/>

--