[Svrilist] SVRI Evaluation

Sexual Violence Research Initiative svri at mrc.ac.za
Thu Jun 17 13:48:43 SAST 2010

Dear SVRI participants,

Greetings from Geneva. On behalf of the Global Forum for Health
Research, I want to inform you that we are currently conducting an
evaluation of the Sexual Violence Research Initiative and its
activities. We have hired two external consultants, Stephanie Townsend
and Angela Heimburger, to conduct the evaluation.

The evaluation will include in-depth telephone interviews with a small,
randomly selected cross-section of SVRI participants. Stephanie and
Angela will contact those who have been selected for the interview by
electronic mail in the next week to explain the process and to schedule
dates and times for those who agree to participate.

The telephone interviews will take place in June and the first part of
July and will last approximately 30-60 minutes. The identity of all
participants will be kept confidential. We cannot provide any
compensation for your time, but assure you that your answers will be
very helpful to us in evaluating how we are or are not meeting your
needs and improving our progress toward our collective objectives.

Thank you for your participation in this global initiative and your
efforts to ensure that we are providing the best possible resources and

Best regards,
Sylvie Olifson

Health Economist
Research and Programmes Unit