[Svrilist] GBV Research Science Fair

Sexual Violence Research Initiative svri at mrc.ac.za
Tue Nov 26 20:23:21 SAST 2013

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CEDF8F.12922C90]
The Global Women's Institute (GWI)<http://globalwomensinstitute.gwu.edu/> and SVRI<http://www.svri.org/> are proud to invite you to take part in our global research contest - the GBV Research Science Fair - using the innovative platform WeShareScience.com<http://wesharescience.com/5-Minute-Science-Fair>.
At WeShareScience.com<http://wesharescience.com/5-Minute-Science-Fair> researchers and the public can browse through 5 min videos of researchers presenting upcoming or completed research.
We would like to encourage all SVRI listserv members to create a profile at: http://wesharescience.com/GBV-Science-Fair  to both enter and view current entries. Once you have created your profile, follow the pins you think should be considered as finalists. We would be delighted to have you play a part in this exciting competition!
We currently have 13 entries for you to view and vote for.
This week's featured videos are:

[cid:image004.jpg at 01CEE528.694141E0]

Experiences of Trauma Services in Northern Uganda: Implications for Mental Health Policy and Legislation. Dr Helen Liebling, Coventry University: This qualitative research focuses on service users and service providers experiences of trauma counselling services in northern Uganda. Thirty-five (35) in-depth individual interviews were carried out with survivors, service providers and key informants in Kitgum and Gulu, and Kampala in June 2013. View this video at: http://wesharescience.com/pin/210.

   [cid:image002.jpg at 01CEEAE5.4E463F40]

Current research on sexual violence during war. Professor Elisabeth Woods, Yale University: Prof. Woods is the author of Insurgent Collective Action and Civil War in El Salvador and Forging Democracy from Below: Insurgent Transitions in South Africa and El Salvador, as well as various scholarly articles. View this video at: http://wesharescience.com/pin/290.

So what are you waiting for?

The videos with the most followers will become our 10 finalists.
Three videos will be selected by an expert panel to receive a cash prize of up to $4000 to put towards your research.

The GBV Science Fair closes on December 31st 2013

Sexual violence is a global issue that requires coordinated evidence-based responses.

The Sexual Violence Research Initiative is hosted by the Medical Research Council, South Africa.  The SVRI aims to promote research on sexual violence and generate empirical data to ensure sexual violence is recognized as a priority public health problem.  To learn more about the SVRI visit our website www.svri.org<http://www.svri.org> or contact us at svri at mrc.ac.za<mailto:svri at mrc.ac.za>