[Svrilist] SVRI Update: 12 08 2014

Sexual Violence Research Initiative svri at mrc.ac.za
Tue Aug 12 09:15:47 SAST 2014

[cid:image007.jpg at 01CFB267.C31BD330]

Dear SVRI List Members,

Today's SVRI Special Update includes the following:

I. Share your ideas! SVRI Forum 2015 planning survey

We would like to invite our members to send through ideas on how to strengthen the next SVRI Forum by completing the following online survey - your thoughts and comments are important to us! Access the short survey at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QZYD7SG.

The SVRI has also reviewed all the presentations made at the past three Forums to gain an understanding of who is presenting on what at SVRI conferences. This brief can be accessed online<http://www.svri.org/TakingStock.pdf>.

II. SVRI Grant: Strengthening the evidence base for prevention of sexual and intimate partner violence in low and middle income countries

We are delighted to announce the 2014 SVRI Grant recipients. Details on the recipients are available here<http://www.svri.org/grant.htm#grants>.

Sexual violence is a global issue that requires coordinated evidence-based responses.

The Sexual Violence Research Initiative is hosted by the Medical Research Council, South Africa.  The SVRI aims to promote research on sexual violence and generate empirical data to ensure sexual violence is recognized as a priority public health problem.  To learn more about the SVRI visit our website www.svri.org<http://www.svri.org> or contact us at svri at mrc.ac.za<mailto:svri at mrc.ac.za>