[Svrilist] Special Update: SVRI Forum 2015

Sexual Violence Research Initiative svri at mrc.ac.za
Tue Apr 21 17:35:03 SAST 2015

[cid:image006.jpg at 01D07C59.7F91A790]

[SVRI Forum 2015 brings together colleagues from around the world, under the theme of innovation and intersections, to showcase innovative research to end sexual violence, intimate partner violence and child abuse, and strengthen responses to survivors in low and middle income countries.]

Dear SVRI list members,

To follow is an update on the SVRI Forum 2015. We look forward to hosting you in Stellenbosch!

I. Important notice

Please take note that abstract submissions for the SVRI Forum 2015 close on Thursday, 30 April 2015, midnight Standard South African Time. To submit your abstract for presentation or to host a special session, please click here<http://www.svri.org/forum2015/abstract.htm>.

We would like to notify our members that South Africa is currently experiencing load-shedding to support the country's power system. This might affect our server from time to time. If you are experiencing any problems with abstract submissions, please write to Mr Deon Salomo at deon.salamo at mrc.ac.za<mailto:deon.salamo at mrc.ac.za>.

A limited number of bursaries will be made available for presenters from low and middle-income countries. Please indicate your interest in a bursary on the abstract submission form.

II. Call for videos and short films

We would like to invite conference goers and organisations the opportunity to submit videos or short films on their work to showcase at the Forum. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please write to Mr Robert Ganesh at robert.ganesh at mrc.ac.za<mailto:robert.ganesh at mrc.ac.za> on or before Tuesday, 30 June 2015.

III. Workshops at the Forum

The following pre-conference workshop will be offered 14 September 2015. Please visit the website for more information.

Workshop 1: Revised Inter-agency Standing Committee (IASC) GBV guidelines for gender-based violence in humanitarian settings

Workshop 2: Healing wounds and restoring lives in DRC, South Africa and Mozambique

Workshop 3: Testing your bright idea: How to use qualitative and quantitative research strategies

Workshop 4: Building and sustaining fruitful partnerships between activists, programmers and researchers

Workshop 5: Respondent driven sampling to measure sexual and other forms of violence and to estimate the size of hard to reach populations

Workshop 6: Researching violence safely: Effective methodological approaches for the ethical protection of study participants

Workshop 7: Conducting research on gender-based violence in conflict and humanitarian settings

Workshop 8: Measuring prevalence and types of violence against women: Methodological and ethical challenges

                [http://www.svri.org/forum2015/  svri.forums at mrc.ac.za  @TheSVRI  #SVRIForum2015]

[cid:image015.jpg at 01D07C59.7F91A790]